Not attending CES this year? You can still tune in to their live LTE announcement by joining their Facebook page.
According to a recent Consumer Reports survey of mobile carriers, AT&T ranked worst of the top 4 US carriers. Over half of iPhone owners in the survey’s 58,000 respondents were “much less satisfied” with their service.
Another big finding from the survey was that 26-state provider U.S. Cellular beat out Verizon in satisfaction and Sprint pulled even against them. In some areas (such as customer service) Sprint even ranked higher than Verizon marking a significant turnaround from earlier years.
- Consumers Reports pans AT&T (news.cnet.com)
- No Surprise to iPhone Users, as Consumer Reports Calls AT&T Worst Carrier (readwriteweb.com)
It’s official, Verizon has launched its 4G coverage in California and New Jersey. Laptop users will now experience speeds up to 10x faster ( or 5-12 mbps) and will need 4G LTE modems which they can order online and need to check if coverage is available through their service locator site. Handset coverage roll-out is expected to follow in 2011.
- Blazingly Fast: Verizon Wireless Launches the World’s Largest 4G LTE Wireless Network on Sunday, Dec. 5 (prnewswire.com)
- Verizon LTE network to go live Dec. 5 (macworld.com)
- Verizon LTE Network to Go Live Dec. 5 (pcworld.com)
- Test: Verizon 4G wireless beat cable broadband (msnbc.msn.com)