New online/mobile-based service Zebigo is promoting and paying people in Seattle to carpool by connecting commuters with open seats. Check out the video.
In another installment of “The Street.” Below are some highlights from Samsung’s q4’10 earnings report.
- 13% rise in net profits driven by hefty smartphone shipments
- Company-wide profit of $3.06b up from $2.73 the previous year
- Telecommunications business reported a$1.27b in profits (+38%)
- Handset sales rose to $10 billion
- 10MM Galaxy S handsets sold in 2010
- 2MM Galaxy Tabs have been shipped since launch 3 months ago
- Samsung expects to grow its handset sales to double year-over-year in 2011
- Attempts to diversify its smartphone lineup with AMOLED (Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) Plus Display, Dual-core application processors, and more mass market smartphones
- Strong Smartphone & Galaxy Tab Sales Round Up Samsung’s Record Year (mashable.com)
- Samsung’s 4th-Quarter Net Profit Rises 13 Percent (nytimes.com)
- Samsung’s revenue, profits rise in 4th quarter (news.cnet.com)
I’ve finally gotten around to playing with Converse’s iPhone app, “The Sampler” which was launched in December. If you haven’t seen it, it allows users to virtually or I should say digitally try on a selection of converse shoes followed by the opportunity to purchase directly from their phones.
The app uses augmented reality to select from a number of shoe types including Chuck Taylor’s, snap a picture wearing them, share with friends and then purchase.
It’s 2011 so get ready for a whole lot of mobile activated social shopping experiences just like this one.
Check out some of the pics below.