As a precursor to my coverage out at CTIA, I’d like to provide a brief overview of some of the announcements, trends and topics that are on my radar while I’m out there.
Here’s what I’ll be paying close attention to:
- Dual-Core 4G Devices: Many devices were announced at previous shows this year but there’s likely still a few more on their way at CTIA.
- Tablets: How will manufacturers respond to the success of iPad2 from a pricing and feature standpoint? Online buzz has surmounted surrounding a few new entrants in the space.
- The Rise of Pre-paid: What new device offerings will be in their arsenal and how will pre-paid carriers adapt their pricing strategies?
- Apps & Content: Here I’m simply looking to make sense of what will undoubtedly be a flood of new applications and try to highlight some of the most interesting and impactful along the way
- Mobile Gaming: Remote access to gaming consoles was big news at CES. These companies have to be looking across operating systems so as not to alienate current their customers (Xbox LIVE in particular reported 10MM units of their Kinect were sold)
- Mobile Health: One of the biggest growth categories that’s grabbing a lot of attention this year
- NFC/Mobile Wallet: Mobile pay technology, it’s growth and the battle between OEM’s in this space
- T-Mobile’s Sidekick 4G: Can TMO breathe new life into a badge device from the past with so many smartphones on the market?